What are Affinity Groups?
Affinity groups allow alumni to connect with each other based on a shared experience while at Winthrop University. They have a common connection – such as fraternities, sororities, honor societies or majors. Alumni must meet one of the following criteria to establish an affinity group:
- Membership in an officially recognized student club or organization (past or present)
- A shared personal characteristic (such as ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation)
- A shared Winthrop experience (such as academic, athletic or residential)
View a list of current alumni affinity groups.
View a list of current campus clubs and organizations.
If you are interested in establishing an affinity group or affinity reunion, please contact Laura Little, Affinity Relations Coordinator, at 803.323.2145.
What we provide
The Alumni Association will provide affinity groups with the following services:
- Create affinity group coding of constituents and related information on the Association’s database
- Broadcast email invitation to your affinity group
- Reserve on-campus space, free of charge (depending on availability)
- Contact information of affinity group members in spreadsheet format
- Informational Web page of affinity reunion and listing on the Alumni Association’s calendar of events (designed by Alumni Relations staff)
- Provide assistance in event planning